Tuesday, August 11

the revenge of the bladder

Dear bladder,

Just the other day I was telling a friend that--to my surprise--I wasn't hitting up the bathroom more since getting pregnant. The doctor wasn't concerned, so I boasted I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have to feel owned by her bladder for 9 months.

But, dear bladder, you obviously heard me say that, because these past few days you have clearly been carrying out your revenge. I doubted your ability to be this annoying, so please accept my apologies.

Sincerely,

J. Shafer

9 comments:

whitney said...

hehe. the delights of pregnancy. welcome to the club.

Lindy said...

Pride cometh before the fall my friend. It's the pride cycle. It's a merry-go-round. It's up and down, up and down.

Aly said...

Ahhh. I feel your pain. NEver say you are one of the lucky ones, because it is bound to come back and bite you. Just wait until the end when you are getting up multiple times a night!

Traci said...

Yes, you can be looking forward to the glorious 3rd trimester. Luckily I can combine the times I get up to use the bathroom with the times I wake up because I need to roll over, thus minimizing the times I have to wake up during the night.

CYD said...

It's way too late for apologies. Just like a woman-the bladder is now just out for revenge.
p.s. my word verification is
FREMIC
this shall now be new replacement for "freakin"

Brittany said...

I feel your pain. Really, I do.

emily and logan said...

oooh, jackie. just wait until your 8th month when that baby is tap dancing on that bladder...

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

And....it never recovers! Ask my bladder - he really hates me! Especially when i laugh, sneeze or jump on the trampoline! Sheesh!

KaSs MiLeS said...

so funny! it gets much worse. wait until you can actually feel mini schafer kicking it. maybe a little pee slips out, maybe it doesn't. :)