Sunday, November 29

john jones

When the passing of celebrities gets so much attention, I think it'd be extremely unfair to overlook the passing of someone as admirable as John Jones. John was in our ward in Utah, and Doug and I immediately identified him and his wife Emily as some of the most celestial people we knew. They're the type of people you can't help but love and want to be like. John was a kind, funny, sincere, Christ-like, faithful person. I'm sure he'd be so embarrassed to hear this, but he seriously embodied goodness. You just don't encounter people like him every day.

He died in a tragic accident this week, leaving behind a beautiful wife, a daughter, and a baby on the way. Our hearts ache for his family, and we hope you'll remember them in your prayers. I also hope you'll all hold your family a little longer today, recognizing how blessed we are just to be together.

You can read more here and here.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

After hearing of this sad story, we have been thinking of his wife and family often this weekend. Our hearts and prayers go out to them that they can be comforted during this difficult time. We're so sorry for you guys to lose such a wonderful friend. Safe travels back home.

Alison said...

Such a sad, sad thing. I have had sleepless nights over it. (And I don't know them!) You can see in his dad that they are a good family. I hope they find some peace.

Liz Smith said...

oh my goodness, that is soooo heartbreaking! we will keep him and his family in our prayers. things like this are always a strong reminder of how precious life is and how we need to make the most of every day we have with our loved ones. thank you for sharing.

KaSs MiLeS said...

we heard about that on ksl. that is so awful and my heart goes out to his wife. That is so hard. she will definitely be in my prayers.

Furniss Family said...

I heard that story and thought it was so sad! I kept thinking that would be like if something happened to Josh with our baby on the way. I would be so scared and sad. Hope they will pull through and they are in our prayers.

Aly said...

That is so horrible. I cannot even imagine anything like that ever happening. I hope they have lots of support and love out there, as I am sure they do. Thanks for sharing this and your memories of him.

em said...

Wow. I think of all the trips to Nutty Putty I took during college...just wow. They sound like an incredible family, I'm glad they've got friends like you guys during this trying time.