Meet the Topsy Turvy. The green one houses an upside down tomato plant, and the red one has a bunch of strawberry plants. They're bizarre. You plant the plants like that (the tomato is UPSIDE down... ca-razy!) and apparently it rock stars the growing potential. I've heard enough good things about it that I was willing to try it.
We're fully aware it looks dorky, but with a porch as "classy" as ours, we figured they fit right in.
10 comments:
It is sure to be a success with your green thumb! And, from your previous post, I'm grateful to know I'm not the only who suddenly became VERY forget with a newborn.
i just got my strawberry topsy turvy. let's cross our fingers it works!!
I totally just bought a topsy turvy and a cherry tomato plant yesterday! I can't wait to eat all the juicy cherry tomatoes that it's sure to produce. Mmmmmm...
not as many bugs right? Tell me if even the none-green thumb people can make these work.
LOL...omg, jared almost bought one of those the other day! i was like, are you serious and he was like, whatever it looks cool. lol. now i feel bad cuz i totally shamed it out of it. you'll have to give me an update on whether it works or not. :D
Let me know how that works out for you. Because our Topsy Turvy tomato plant died in 2.5 seconds. No joke. Like we watered that sucker with Clorox or something.
(I guess it could be argued it was due to user error, but I maintain it's because we attempted to defy the laws of gravity.)
Nonetheless, I wish many delicious BLTs and strawberry shortcakes for your future.
Grandma Shirley would have been ALL OVER those! Let me know if they work...I want to try the strawberry one, but can't find it!
Ooh! I didn't know it came in strawberry
Your porch is oober classy compared to ours. We have a grill, and a trash can, and that's it. Can't wait to see how your tomatoes turn out! I'd give something like that a try, but our delinquent neighbor kids would probably destroy it...grrr.
How mature of you! Let me know if this is something I won't kill.
Post a Comment