Sunday, February 21

jim saves the day

Good idea: Having your own washer/dryer conveniently located in your apartment (sure it's in the kitchen and it's the first thing you see when you come through the front door, but we'll still consider it a good idea).


Bad idea: Stacking the dryer above the washer in a way that prevents you from being able to open the washer all the way. If you want to get inside the washer, you have to hold it open with one hand and fill it/empty it with the other. Picture me doing this whilst 9 months pregnant. It wasn't pretty.


GREAT idea: Telling your dad about the predicament while he was visiting. Waiting seriously 2 minutes for him to assess the situation, ask for a wire hanger, and then create the solution. The top hook hangs down from the dryer, and when we want to keep the washer open we place the bottom hook on the washer lid.

It's so much easier, I could cry. Gotta love that Jim!

By the way... the results from his radiation treatment came back this week, and they weren't what we were hoping for. They'll test him again in May, so unfortunately we all just have to sit tight until them. It's scary, but we're trying to stay faithful. If you think of it, send a few prayers his way, would you?

12 comments:

Aly said...

The prayers are on their way. I'm sorry that the results what you were hoping for. Hopefully May will look better. And I would have loved to see the 9 month washer situation, but the visual I have in my head is pretty good, too.

The Fox Family said...

Genius! I hate how close the washer and dryer are..I always bang my head having to dip down inside to get the socks. blah! I didn't think about how hard that was going to get in a few more weeks. uh oh. I will have to try this trick out. Thanks for the tip! And we will keep your father in our prayers!

Liz Smith said...

what a great dad!!!

im sorry to hear about the results. We will definitely keep him in our prayers. :(

The Miles Family said...

hey..when we came over to meet Addy your dad had a wire/hook thingy in his hands..it's all making sense now. What a good dad you have!
He will certainly be in our thoughts and prayers.

...by the way our washer & dryer are located side-to-side...not to brag or anything. :0)

Michal Thompson said...

We are praying for him, that is what dads are for though, fixing the things you never thought were fixable.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Man he is FULL of the best idears! So simple you think, "why didn't I think of that?" Gotta love him!

The Standrings said...

jackie-sorry to hear about your dad. we're praying for your family.

the meyersons said...

Oh big Papa. Always coming up with things that make you think "Uh...I went how long without this?"

Love him and his face.

Ben said...

Your dad rocks Jackie!

I'm totally going to grow another moustache for him this year.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

He's brilliant! He just thinks differently from us. Outside the box. What a guy!

John and Karisa said...

I just love dads. They always know what to do. We'll keep your dad in our prayers-- keep us posted.

Hksedwick said...

I think your dad is a hero, but the creepy maitenance guy was my hero because I called and complained and he installed a hook (that attached to my dryer and twists over to hold up the lid). I'll keep your dad in my prayers and tell Rich to also (we have sway...and that is why flu season has started)