There were no cub scouts to be found at this competition. Just a bunch of grown ups that included former scouts that felt they knew what they were doing.
We ran out of time to make a totally awesome car, so Doug embraced the idea that we didn't have time to make a cool car and went for funny instead. So he rounded the corners, painted it to look like a VW bus, and did some trickiness in the bottom using washers to theoretically beef up the speed.
We had a cutthroat weigh-in process. Doug had to keep drilling and drilling to get the weight right. The weigh-in staff would have it NO other way.
We lost any faith we really had in our vehicly when we saw how sweet everybody else's cars looked. We figured, "Hey, it will be fun."
And guess what? We got ourselves more than a bit of fun. We got a miracle. We may it through the first match, and then the second, and eventually we made it to the CHAMPIONSHIP round. Now THAT was a miracle.
And do you know what happened in that championship round??
Well, let's let the video tell the story:
9 comments:
Oh....did you want to find out what happened?????????
What happened? I was on the edge of my seat even though I know what happened...I wanted to feel like I was actually there...is there more...are you going to post it? I love you guys!
WELLLLLLLLLLL????????????????
first of all... awesome that you had a pine wood derby contest.
second of all... WHAT??!! I'm in such suspense!
you were so fast that you flew off the screen... or perhaps you and doc brown were in cahoots and your vehicle disappeared into 1985. ya, that's it. congrats on winning the competition with a vw van, by the way. it was definitely reflective of what we'd expect to see in real life, for sure. :)
you're killing me. i just wanna know...cupcake bribes? brownies?
I thought my stupid internet had cut out. I wasted another 5 minutes waiting for it to "buffer" again. Ahhh!!! The suspense, then no, my internet if fine. My sister is just a nutter. April fools was YESTERDAY!!!!
seriously, way to tease everyone...
Tyler just said, "Um, what's the problem? Why didn't they finish the race?"
That's what I'd like to know too!!!
Post a Comment