So when I go in to check on my napping daughter and she looks like this,
I panic. And I panic because she does this ALL THE TIME. And she loves to sleep this way, pulling her blankets, her stuffed animals, her shirt, or her dress onto her face. And every time I find her sleeping like this, my very soul starts gasping for air.
Why, Addy, WHY?
(Really, when I came in today the blanket was over her whole face and torso, but I couldn't even leave it there long enough to take the picture.)
14 comments:
Hey Jack-it's therapy. Just go in your bed and pull the covers up for 1 minute.
I agree with Jenn. Just give it a whirl.
And while I applaud your parenting, how could you have let that girl sleep with only one sock on?
Griffin started doing the same thing. I went in once and it was wrapped around his head. I panicked! So he is no longer allowed a blanket in bed. Poor little freezing boy. Oh well. And I agree with above statements. I cover my head with my blanket, but make a little hole out to the side for fresh breathing hair. It is fantastic.
What is Addy thinking? We need to have some sort of support group with Britt. Claustrophobics Unite.
My kids kick off all covers and refuse to sleep with anything on them. :)
I love the missing sock!
Dude, terrifying. What is she thinking? That's part of the reason I swaddled Rush for more than a year (definitely longer then "they" recommend), just b/c I couldn't handle letting him make his own decisions - like how to use his blanket. I panicked at 6 months when "they" said I should wean him of swaddling. And I couldn't make it happen. I'm such a first-time mom sometimes! I'm sure Addy will be fine. :) She's so stinking cute! I love the pic of her and Doug sitting on the couch a few posts ago. Chub-a-lub! Delicious.
LOL. oh wow. that is too funny, even though i know it's really not. it would totally freak me out too. Addy just likes to keep you on your toes. :)
Looks to me like somebody is braver than their mom!
I have to admit when I first saw this picture I took another breath for myself! Noah STILL to this day sleeps like a sandwich in bed and I STILL go in and take his extra pillow off before I go to bed. Makes him crazy. He tells me he HAS to sleep like that!!
The best part is really the one missing sock, because I am sure she spent the first 10 minutes of naptime trying to remove it. I used to find random socks all over the crib when I had wee ones.
You know, you're really not supposed to put stuffed animals and blankets in a crib with a sleeping baby. It's a major suffocation risk. You're right in freaking out finding her like this. Because she shouldn't be like this in the first place.
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/pubs/5030.html
Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I'd rather my harsh words give you a wake-up call than something tragic happening.
Oh dear... there's no need to think I'm a dummy, Anonymous! Of course I know about the sleeping recommendations. I don't think I could have left the hospital, visited the pediatrician, or had a normal conversation about sleeping babies with anybody without learning these things.
I just wanted to blog about how my claustrophobia seeps into my mothering. I gasp for air when I see her pull stuff onto her face when she starts off with a swaddled blanket or a small stuffed animal in her car seat, that sort of thing. The post was meant to be sarcastic and hyperbolic, but please know when I found her with her blanket unwrapped a few times we did take the clue and realize she's outgrowing her swaddle. So despite the playful tone of this post, rest assured... we've got Addy's safety as our main focus.
lol Cooper did this and still does occasionally. He likes that blankie thing on his face while falling asleep. Kids are weird.
Post a Comment