Friday, June 11

mr. mom


These past two weeks my cough has decided to escalate to a whole new level of suckiness. I feel okay during the day (not normal, but okay), but come late afternoon and evening, I'm a coughing, vomiting mess. Fun! That means Doug has really had to step things up, making dinner, taking care of Addy, taking care of me, and on and on. He hasn't complained once, and I so appreciate his awesomeness.

And a shout-out to Addy who's also putting up with having a lame mom. Whenever she does a fake cough and then smiles at me I think, "She's going to fake cough at the kids in kindergarten, and nobody is going to want to be her friend." Poor Mooch.

PS- I went to a pulmonologist today, and fortunately he doesn't think it's asthma. He still thinks it's allergies that have wreaked havoc on my sinuses and lungs. I'm going to do some allergy testing in a few weeks and try some different medications until then. I wish he had diagnosed it with something we could fix overnight, but hopefully we'll be able to get things under control soon. For the sake of Doug's sanity and Addy's social skills in kindergarten, I hope it's very very soon!

13 comments:

KevandChels said...

oh man! I can't believe you're so sick! Wish we were closer to help you out! get well soon!

Liz Smith said...

ugh...that's terrible!!! it's so frustrating to not know what it is. i hope one of the medicines work soon so that you can get some relief.

Lindy said...

So sorry Jack! I hope you get some answers!

KaSs MiLeS said...

i think the only solution for your cough is to move back to utah. that's the only logical explanation for what is happening. provo craft is hiring too... :)

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

What the cough? Hope you figure it out soon. Crazy! Vomiting? NOT FUN!! That is for pregnancy only. Thinking of you!

Megan said...

Sorry you're still so sick--super lame. I hope your doctor can figure out something to help you!

And, by the way, the picture is Doug and Addy is ridiculously cute.

Michal Thompson said...

I hope you find a cure! It is okay to be sick, but when it lasts this long, it is just aweful! I am so sorry. Okay, so I have to ask, is she sitting up in the picture or do you have her laying down with her feet up and you rotated the picture?

Kadi said...

Seriously, enough. I say no more coughing. We have to find a cure. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. What a nightmare! I do hope this gets figured out soon...and Addy is so uber-cute. I think Doug's awesome too! I'm glad he's taking good care of you guys.

i'm jackie. he's doug. said...

Oh that's Addy sitting! That's her latest trick. We lean her back against the couch, and she pulls herself up to sit up. She lasts for about 4 seconds, but hey--she sits. :)

Kirsten and Eric said...

What an adorable little chunker! Hope you feel better Jackie! That would be really frustrating/exhausting to be sick and have to take care of a baby at the same time.

The Richardsons said...

We'll say healing prayers for you and your messed-up lungs! :)and a big high-five to Doug for being such a great stand-in!

Chelsey said...

Poor girl! I hope you feel better soon!

Suzanne said...

Levi can't keep his hands off his weenie, so "that girl who coughs at everyone" and "that kid who won't stop touching himself" can be BFF.

My father swears that black licorice will cure any cough. I think it might just be an excuse to eat his favorite candy, but it's worth a try??