That's right, folks, it was Dunlop Girls Trip 2010, the first of its kind.
Day 1: Meeting up at the airport, gabbing at the hotel, and collapsing into bed.


Day 2: Islands of Adventure (Universal Studios)... or more importantly the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Booya.
The park was so well done. We loved walking through Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade and checking out all the shops we know and love from the books. They really went all out with every little detail.
We also had to try butterbeer. And yes, it was really butterscotchy and rich like you'd think. And yes, I inhaled mine. It was delicious.

We ate lunch in the Three Broomsticks and
checked out the cool candy in Honeydukes... Berty Botts and Chocolate Frogs.
All the rides were AWESOME, and my favorite one was this nutso, virtual reality one inside the Hogwarts Castle. It really made me feel like a student. Although, of course, I realized there's no way I'd be in one of the cool houses at Hogwarts. Lame but true.
We also had fun in Seuss Land...
... and on the Hulk ride. SUCH a good roller coaster, and a good place for one of the workers to hit on my sister Jenn. Yikes.

The souvenir damage at the end of the day.
Day 3: Shopping and eating. Catching a movie, and shopping and eating.

We ate dinner at this Greek restaurant where I'd come a few years ago with my work. I had fun exposing my dear mother and sisters to napkin throwing, belly dancing, and modest table dancing. The music is loud and the food is authentic (which not everybody loved...), but it was a hoot. Yep, a hoot.




Day 4: Swimming in the pool, gabbing some more, and heading home.
10 comments:
Yea for sisters! I am so glad you got to have that trip. And Harry Potter world?! I can't believe you didn't tell me sooner that you went there. It sounds awesome. We just added that at the top of our vacation spots list!
Sniff Sniff! I miss you guys! Good times I tell ya!
Remember when your mug got stolen and when I tried pouring cold water on you in the shower? Oh man...
Accio broom!
dude! MY family just did a girls trip too! although, they made a rule of "no babies/kids alloweD" so I missed it (also I live in japan. . . . so, yeah) but NEXT year I'm going! apparenlty we're aking it a yearly thing. Are you guys?
Seriously, what an awesome trip. Your family looks like so much fun.
wow, you dunlops sure don't mess around. that trip sounds so fun!
p.s. that restaurant sounds a lot like the one jared's family still talks about. apparently one year they went to disneyworld and they went to this place or a place very similar but they had NO IDEA it was going to be like that. Needless to say, when the dancing ladies were all up in Jared's dad's business, his wife wasn't at all pleased. LOL. If you knew jared's family, you would understand how hilarious that would have been to witness. They're kind of on the conservative side. ;) oh how i wish i would had been there to see it. :P
how fun! This makes me want to go to Harry Potter world. and the dancing on the tables...hilarious!
This looks like it was so much fun!! Kurt is so jealous you went to harry potter world, he wants to go so bad! lol.
Oh Harry Potter World. How I don't know anything about it, but loved it all the same! Glad we could go!
That looks totally awesome. I feel a weird, almost angry feeling in my stomach. OH! I know what it is. Jealousy.
mum has amazingtits
Post a Comment