Last weekend we headed up to Annapolis, Maryland to the Naval Academy. Doug's dad and Uncle Dane went there, so Doug's parents and aunt and uncle came out for the Academy homecoming/reunion. We got to join in the festivities for a bit, and it was so cool to be a part of it.
Saturday we hit up the homecoming game, Navy vs. Duke. We discovered that this is probably the last time we bring a 9-month-old to a football game, but we still had a blast.
Posing with Billy the Goat
All the midshipmen lining up on the field before the game (apparently that's Roger Staubach in the blazer below... he's some famous football something-something)
Sweet flyover
Seats on the goal line. Nice.
She was showing off for the cheerleaders (or was her dad showing off?)
On Sunday we went to the church where Mike was attending when he got baptized. Afterwards he gave us a quick tour of the beautiful campus, namely Bancroft Hall where all the midshipmen live when they go to the Academy. Yes, all 4,000 sleep and eat in this gorgeous building.
I l-o-v-e-d all the history there. So cool.
I somehow missed the chance to get a picture of Dane and his wife Marianne, but we loved seeing them too. They spoiled us rotten when we lived in Provo, and we really miss hanging with them and their hilarious family.
3 comments:
so fun! I remember getting spoiled by Dan and marianne and I wasn't really even related to them!
While it looks like you had a fabulous time, I can't help but think about how Cosmo would feel about this.
Very cool Jack!
Post a Comment