On Wednesday night we celebrated our anniversary early and went to see Matt Costa up in Charlottesville. The tickets were dirt cheap because he played in the Jefferson Theater, a really small venue. We seriously loved it. He honestly sounds just as good live (or better?) as he does recorded. His band was way quirky and it was crazy to see how many different instruments they use to make their sound.
Other highlights included the people (hipster) watching, the amazing Ghiradelli hot chocolate, and the bouncer guy not believing me that I was older than 21. Good times.
If you haven't heard his music before, you should check him out. I've heard him classified as folk rock (yes, folk rock). Very easy going guy and very happy music.
PS- And a shout out to Josh and Emily who let Addy sleep at their house until we came by late, late, late at night to get her. We owe them BIG time.
8 comments:
Looks like it was a fun night! Most importantly, tell me more about this Ghiradelli hot choc... You're the 2nd person to mention it today, and I need details.
And that Addy girl? I'm not sure how you can STAND to be away from that cute face!
Hey - Ryan's in Charlottesville right now interviewing for residency! Kinda forgot how close that was to Richmond where you guys were!
story has those jammies too. :)
Uh. I have no idea who Matt Costa is (am I super lame?). But it surely looks like a fabulous time.
sounds fun! in case you care i have a kid in my ward named Matt Koster. and addy is pretty squishy.
p.s. my word verification is "mermant"
is this a male mermaid?
Cyd...you're a CORKY!
How fun! What a great way to spend an anniversary!
Addy can sleep at our house every, I mean any, night.
Looks like good times! I'm glad you guys had fun, but more importantly...how freaking adorable is that Addy-gril(yes, I spelled that right, that is how Mason says it and I love it, so I'm not correcting that one yet)! I want Addy to live with me. No more sleepovers at Josh and Emily's, just send her over here. That squished up smile face is the best!! I need me a little Addyness!
Post a Comment