a) I can't help but love the $20 jeans Aeropostale sells from time to time. I went online to remind myself if a local mall had the store, and I couldn't find it when I kept searching the mall's women's clothing category. It took me a very very long time to find it under Teen Fashions. Yikes.
b) I stopped by Plato's Closet the other day and found this super cute sweater I coveted at Old Navy last year but never got. I was so happy. But then I noticed I was the oldest person there not shopping for my daughter and the sign in the store window said "Teen apparel." No wonder the employees were all 19.
It's been nearly a decade since I was a teenager, and I'm afraid I'm on the fast track to end up on "What Not to Wear" frantically clinging to my high school wardrobe.
14 comments:
I say if you still fit nicely into those clothes... then there's nothing at all wrong with it =)
I often feel that I dress either too casual or still so teeny! But I'm procrastinating leaving the comf behind most of the time by using my budget as an excuse. SOMEDAY...
This is hilarious and totally relate-able. I keep holding back on grown up clothes mostly because they cost so FREAKING much!! I will not spend $100 on pants just to feel sophisticated thank you very much!
I can't stop laughing! I bought a super cute shirt once and the girl checking me out said, "oh I think your daughter will love this!" I came home and showed Kennedy my shirt and asked her what she thought of it. She said she wouldn't wear it. I almost felt like going back and telling this girl that, but reframed from doing so. Who's the fool now?
(don't answer that)
meh, i still shop at abercrombie. lol. don't worry about it! :)
that's so funny. i remember when this happened to me after tyler was born. i called a friend and we re-vamped my wardrobe so i could look more mature. but i do still find some cute stuff at forever 21! sssh, don't tell anyone.
Remember our husbands love our old High School fashions anyway. You are good to go as long as you have a pair of overalls and a pony tail!
actually a very easy thing to do
So, what else would you wear? Mom jeans with a three foot long butt seam? Jsut cause you have a baby now doesn't mean you have to toss everything you wore before. Unless people are looking at you funny or you're squeezing into things that you shouldn't be, you're totally fine. It's not like you'r adding fuzzy barretts to your pig tails are you? Or people ask you where ADdy's mother is? Then it might be time to resonsider. But as for now, you're fine. And I should start looking at those 20 jeans. The only pair I could find that fit proper were a juniors 'curvy cut' from Levis.
Des just had a crisis of fashion, too. She said that she used to go into a store and ask for the jeans with the shortest inseam they had. I saw her yesterday, and she showed me that now since she's had two kids her jeans are inching toward her belly button.
You'll be wearing double-denim before you know it.
We had an emergency shopping trip in Logan this summer when I needed to buy a new pair of jeans for a family photo shoot I had forgotten to pack for. We were limited on time & funds, so we ended up at Walmart... the ONLY pair of jeans in the entire store that fit me were in the kids section... not even juniors... size 16R, and they are sparkly. They even have the adjustable waistband. :) My kids think it's really funny that my jeans have sparkles on them. :)
But yea... I'd much rather look a bit older than high school... what would a high school girl be doing walking around with a 5 year old (let alone 5 kids)?
I think the issue is more affordability than anything. If I could spend the money to shop anywhere I would only find myself at JCrew & Anthro, but alas I find myself in BP and American Eagle where I can still find clothing for sale at $20-$30--more in my price range.
Jack - at least you're wearing real clothes. I got excited because I just upgraded my pajamas. PAJAMAS. Uh......
You're good. Your 4 sisters would tell you otherwise. Just don't wear Doug's dream attire of overalls and it's all good. You make me laugh!!
WORD VERIFICATION: quiter
Post a Comment