Tuesday, November 16

sticking up

The longer her hair gets, the more it wants to stick straight up. It's defying the laws of the gravity.



So since there's no fighting it, we're just going to embrace it.

Oh, and you should probably know I'm no longer in the running to be the Mother of the Year. I thought Addy was teething all weekend (she got a tooth on Friday night, and I thought maybe she was getting another). Around lunchtime yesterday I started to suspect she had an earache, so I got her in to the doctor late yesterday afternoon. Turns out she had a really REALLY ugly ear infection that'd probably been there for a few days. Hasta la vista, Mother of the Year.

12 comments:

Traci M said...

I think you're only put out of the running if you caused the earache. :) This happens to everybody! Tell her to get well soon! :)

melissa said...

I've totally done that before. I think it was before Rushton's 18-month check-up. He'd been a little sad the last few days, but no fever, no pulling on the ears, no crying when I laid him down, just a little sad. When I took him in for his regular check-up, the doctor said it looked like he was just getting over a terrible earache. And I had no idea. Poor little buddy. It's amazing babies survive being raised by new parents...

Liz Smith said...

i'm definitely loving the hair!

madeline said...

oh my goodness. that first picture is hilarious. she is a true shafer.

Kadi said...

Love the hair! She is too cute. You know my ear infection story with Carter...I was probably never in the running for mother of the year.

Katie said...

Poor Addy. I was going to ask you how she was. If she has bubble gum medicine, can I have some? Or maybe just sniff it for old time sake? I love that stuff. I am loving the hair! Addy is stylin'

Lindy said...

She looks like she spents a lot of time carefully developing that "just woke up" look. It really works on her.

That's totally happened to me with the ears before too, and Matty hasn't lost his hearing or anything. No harm done, right? He does spend a lot of time developing super loud play screams...I wonder if that's so he can hear himself?

the meyersons said...

She's got two ears for a reason. "Back up plan."

I have NEVER taken my daughter to the doctor before to find out she had Strep so long it went into Scarlet Fever as well. Never.

the Allers said...

Oh hello mini Doug - so nice to meet you. ALSO, once PG had a 104 degree temp (I think he was 6 months). And I was like "I got this, just give him Tylenol". Last minute I decided to call the doc, just in case. And they were like "its 104? The Tylenol hasn't brought it down? We need to see him IMMEDIATELY". Turns out it was an ear infection too. Had been there for awhile. I still hang my head in shame.

CYD said...

i love that in the first picture she's sort of looking at you w/ the evil eye. so cute!

Chelsey said...

Love her hair! And I think the earache/teething thing is a common mistake. At least I know I've heard of other mom's doing the same thing, so don't worry about it! I hope Addy feels better soon!

Michal Thompson said...

Corbin has the EXACT same hair, we embrace it too! kamryn is going through the same thing. She has never cried so much all together in her whole life as she has the last week. I have never had as little sleep either. I thought it was teeth, none have shown and now I am starting to think otherwise. hearing this is making me consider going in. ARG!!!