Sunday, March 23

happy easter!

We have this hilarious picture of my sisters and I from an Easter long ago. I'm just tiny, and the 5 of us are sitting on the piano bench in our Easter dresses. I look like an oblivious baby, but the 4 of them are only giving pained, courtesy smiles because their faces are ridiculously beet red. They have white white arms and legs, but their faces are just glowing. The family had all gone snowmobiling the day before, and I was the only one to escape the dreaded glare of the sun. It's quite funny, and pictures like that make me proud to be a Dunlop.

So when I saw Doug all dressed for church today, I thought of that cherished picture:


He went up in the mountains yesterday to sled with his cousins, and no one considered the need for sunscreen. If only I had thought of that Easter picture sooner. :)

May you have an equally charming Easter!



Okay, okay... so our camera didn't catch his sunburn. Just trust me--it exists. Oh man does it exist...

6 comments:

Kadi said...

Happy Easter you two! Sorry you got a sunburn Doug. We are all sick here on our Easter...well,I'm just getting better and Carter has now got what I had and is miserable, poor kid...Mason seems to have it just kind of and Joel is good to go (he'll get it when we get home). Love you guys!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Oh I remember that picture well...I also remember being pointed out durning primary that day...sigh...!
Good times on the kitty cat snowmobile though!

the meyersons said...

Clearly Doug is wearing a lot of blush, or he's really embarassed.

Easter can be embarassing for some.

Hope it was a good one.

CYD said...

You 2 are dorks!! Scrolling down, that pic sort of startled me. Take away the crazy face and you make a charming couple!
HOPPY EASTER!

Jackie said...

The crazy face was a result of me saying, "Okay, make a face like you've been eating Easter candy all day!" And that was the outcome. Sorry, I should have warned you!

The Standrings said...

I noticed that at church yesterday. poor doug! sunburns are the worst