Friday, March 7

it's all greek to me

So I'm in Orlando for another show for work, and I want to put a personal plug in for Taverna Opa, a Greek restaurant chain here in Florida. It is amazing for the following reasons:
1. It feels "Greek"--the music, delicious/authentic food, waiter with an accent that we assume is Greek.
2. The staff walks around periodically shouting and throwing napkins in the air (these often land on your plate and your head).
3. They break plates.
4. There's a BELLY DANCER that walks around. And she's really really good. She danced on the tables (not to make her sound trashy) and made the whole thing really hilarious. (She's a BELLY DANCER!)
5. They grabbed people to get up and dance.
6. The music gets louder and faster as the night goes on. The restaurant is full by the end and it really really makes you wish you were Greek.
6. They break plates.

Need I say more? It was a great night.

9 comments:

Kadi said...

You are so funny. I wish I was there with you. Sounds cool...though, maybe this is embarrassing...what foods are "Greek"? Anyway, sounds fun, though I'm sure you are excited to go home and rest...a bit...and then start work all over again...sorry. You're awesome!

AnnaYoung said...

I wonder what their overhead numbers look like with all that plate smashing? Although, given the opportunity I would "Opa!" right along with you guys! : )

BEware the tsatziki sauce--it's pungent. . . and sticks with you (or at least it sticks with me anywyas)

janaya said...

aw... i love greece.

whitney said...

Greece does rock. However, I ate in a restaurant in actual Greece a few years back and I DID NOT get to break any plates. I feel cheated some how... I flew all the way there and no breakage of the plates. I guess I'll have to go to Florida. :)

Lindy said...

Remember when we saw My Big Fat Greek Wedding and Scottie kept saying, "It's really like that--seriously it's really like that!" and laughing outloud the whole time?

Smash a plate for me!

Morgan said...

jackie! i was just reading your blog the other day and thinking how weird it is that we haven't seen you guys in forever. sounds like you have been busy. and WOW, sounds like an awesome greek restaurant. it sounds like something you would see on tv, so fun!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Sometimes I wish I was bionic and had a camera built into my left eye...that way I could video tape the experiences in my life that make me laugh to share with my family!

Maybe the robot the goverment makes of me will have that as a feature...(deep thoughts)

Anonymous said...

Does Doug know about this? Because if not I feel that as a friend I have an obligation to tell him. Just a heads up Jackie...

Lindsay said...

So... do they break plates?