Thursday, March 20

the mystery of the speaker phone

What is it that makes a grown up man, a professional by some standards, think it's okay to use speaker phone for personal calls in a cubicle environment?

Oh the mysteries of Speaker Phone people...


*Note: for all of you that have endured my cell phone's speaker phone, I apologize because I know it's obnoxious. But my hope is that I'm not quite Speaker Phone person level, because I've never done that at my desk at work.

6 comments:

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Makes me think of Dad for some reason! Oh how that man loves a good speaker phone!

I like to use it while I am putting my makeup on. Especially loud in the bathroom, yet I accomplish so much!

Lindy said...

I was just having the same thought! That's the oldest Dad trick in the book. They just sit there in their office, really too far away to hear anything they are saying clearly, having personal conversations with their children on speakerphones.

I mean, I admit that I use it when I'm on hold, but I was talking to our outside counsel a few weeks ago, and I'm sure they were charging us an arm and a leg, whilst I strained to hear what was going on on the other end. Come on people. With the technological advances we've had in the past decade, surely we can come up with a better solution than a grainy old speaker phone.

KaSs MiLeS said...

I'm pretty sure i know who you're talking about and I'm just glad i don't sit down there anymore! some days its unbearable and you just want to slingshot a water balloon over there! Sorry you have to endure it!

PS, I love the new blog picture!

Lindsay said...

My biggest pet peave with the speaker phone user is when he or she doesn't allow for the speaker phone delay, so it really isn't a conversation at all. He or she is constantly talking over you, not waiting a sufficient ammount of time for a response.
Awkward.
Blah.

Side Note:
My word verification is zlzage. I like that. zlzage.

Lindsay said...

amount. ammount. ammmount. ammmmount. However I spell it it still looks weird. Deal with it, Jack-Jack.
(hsfveq.)

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

I agree, I love the new blog pic! You must have some AMAAAAZING photographer! Who is she and how can I get a session with her. She looks expensive!