I kid you not!!
Because the average BYU intramural participant is incapable of treading water for a ridiculous amount of time (meaning most of us are toast if our ships ever go down), you get to sit in an inner tube for the entire game. That's the only way you can sit in it, and it makes for some hilariousness. It actually gets really competitive, and we were lucky enough to be invited to be on an awesome team. Our teammates knew the game really well and they helped rock us through our season, staying practically undefeated!
The Shafers are a bit short and a bit handicapped in water, so even though we weren't key players on the team we had a blast. Because, come on, inner tube water polo??? That's funny.
12 comments:
i've heard that is so fun. i've only played real water polo, but always wanted to try inner tube.
That cracks me up. Long live inner tube water polo.
(Hey, remember that intramural basketball team that we would go watch freshman year? Def Leopard Basketball, or something?? Good times, good times...)
that sounds awesome!!!!! i would love to play on your team.
Um that's the only way to play a lot of sport. In an inner tube.
Soccer. Basketball. Badminton.
All of em.
So what your saying is...you want matching tubes with "Team Shafer" on them for Christmas?
Done and Done
Jackie that's hilarious! I didn't know you had that in you! I love it!
so how did the season turn out!?? We were on a team last year and it was SO fun!! Ugh ... we miss those days. :)
I can only hope you don't rip the bottom of your swimsuit, not realize it, and then walk around with your bum showing.
It doesn't matter how you play as long as you look good...and you guys look fabulous. I'm sure you play well too. I wish I could be there to cheer you guys on. You guys are so much fun. I would never last without an inner tube though...I don't even know if I could do it with the tube, I could never reach over the edge of the tube...annoying Shafer shortness...I love you guys!
how are you practically undefeated? aren't you undefeated or not?? just curious. sounds like a blast and very entertaining. i would imagine it is quite the spectator's sport.
My brother played on an team while he was at BYU. He has a reach of like 7'2" and most of his team was from the volleyball team. They had a big advantage. I hate them. Looks like fun, we should try intertube water tennis. I'll work on that
Those were some good times. Too bad we only lost by two points in our last game and it was right at the buzzer! Oh well...we enjoyed the time playing with you guys.
Post a Comment