Saturday, July 7

been dere, done dat

So the DAT is done! Last Monday Doug took the DAT, the dental assessment test that helps him get into dental school. We stressed and stressed about it, and I was a complete mess Monday morning whilst he was taking the 4.5 hour test. But Doug was a champ and didn't even puke once.

You get immediate results when you take the DAT (you take it all on a computer), and he ended up doing GREAT! He scored a 19, which is just wonderful. It’s an average score for a BYU student and an above average score on a national level.

By Doug’s standards, a 19 isn’t spectacular. But let’s get real—-it’s good enough to get us into a school! So that’s one dental hurdle down, and many, many to go. I’m way proud of him. He studied for months and did his very best.

Rock on, Douglas, rock on.

4 comments:

whitney said...

yeah! you're awesome doug!

Kadi said...

Doug you are the smartest ever! I'm so proud of you and all your hard work! You deserve a serious treat!

the meyersons said...

Can I get a wha wha?

Congrats Doug!! I bet you are sleeping a lot better at night now...even if Jackie does snore.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Go Doug! Hurry up so we can call you Dr. Doogie.