Tuesday, July 17

doug's day of birth

This is a bit overdue, but Doug's birthday back on July 6 deserves a shout out. A person doesn't turn a quarter of a century every day, you know. (Although some people do turn 25 every year, including my father.)

The day of Doug's birthday was a Friday, so unfortunately I worked all day and he worked all night. We did manage to squeeze in a fancy breakfast, lunch together, and ice cream that night. Doug was bestowed with some pretty sweet gifts, including an airsoft gun, a Camelbak (see the pic for his reaction), an iTunes gift card, "The Office" seasons 1 and 2, and a talking email from some of our nieces and nephews.

The next night we put together a par-tay for Doug in the park. He apparently hadn't had a friend party since his fifth birthday, so I felt it was time for another. We had a BBQ with dear friends, endured a major wind storm, ate pie and cake (appropriately decorated with dinosaurs... he is old now, after all), and played some seriously extreme croquet. We played until none of us could see anymore, and then we played some more. It was hilare. And ridiculous.

I'm so glad that Doug has joined the 25 club, and I'm even more glad that he's mine. :) He's a keeper.

1 comment:

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Rock on...did you do the spanking tunnel?