Saturday, September 1

it's always a good idea...

...to buy a goal pair of jeans, right? (Gulp.)

I found a pair of pants at Target that I LOVED (and they loved me!), and they were on clearance for a mere $8. ($8!) And as I stood there in the changing room and accepted that they were indisputably at least one size too small, somehow I still thought, "Huh, I think I'll get these." And when I sheepishly walked out and showed Doug and showed how tight they were on my butt, somehow he still agreed, "Yeah, I think you should get those."

I mean, we're fairly smart people. With college degrees and such. Yet now I'm home with a pair of jeans that will most likely only fit me if I can get my hands on a time machine to take me back to the year 2000.

But every time I try them on I can't deny it--I love them despite their stupid "goal jean" status. So even if I can only feel confident wearing them to clean the floors, I think those were $8 well spent.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

I think it's a great idea. I am currently eyeing a pair of colored "goal jeans" from Old Navy. You can do it!

Kim said...

I hear ya! I have come to accept that I will never fit into some "goal jeans" again, but I do like to squeeze into them from time to time anyway-- even though maybe the look isn't the most pleasant. I say good purchase!

Brittany said...

For $8 you can't go wrong--especially if those jeans love you, too. :)

Andrew Hutchison said...

I would love to see these "goal jeans". You could always wear them with a long, loose tunic-maybe belted? to cover the buns and anything else that may be squished out of place;) At least it was only $8 and not $50!

Andrew Hutchison said...

shoot, I swear I'm logged in under Katie. Andrew may be slightly embarrassed at the comments I post in his name. Rest assured, THIS IS KATIE!