Monday, April 15

nose job: post-op

Well, the surgery is done.


He was able to remove an absurd number of nasal polyps, remove some bones in one section of my sinuses (to improve my airway), and then clean out the whole shebang. The good news is that once he was in there he decided he didn't need to fix my deviated septum. The bad news is that he did discover that some of my sinuses were full of a jelly of mucous that's been there for who KNOWS how long.

Oh, you're disgusted by that? Well at least that jelly wasn't in your FACE.

The first day is pretty much a blur, but Doug, my sister, my niece, and my in-laws have all saved the day. They've cared for me and the girls, and given me what I sadly consider a vacation: a chance to lay in bed watching Netflix and popping painkillers.

The recovery has been better than expected. I don't have to wear the bandage anymore, and the pain is basically gone. I get the occasional headache, but otherwise I'm just tired and light-headed. I can already smell and taste a bit, and it's quite encouraging.

So nose job: check!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Glad you're okay and that it's all done. I can't imagine going through that and taking care of kids, so way to go!

Stacey said...

Yea! Glad you can smell but sad you'll be able to smell my house now. Sometimes it just smells like dog. UGH!

Karisa and John said...

Wow! That's great! Glad you're getting pampered. Take advantage of it as long as possible!