Thursday, March 12

OBX

Since Doug is Spring Breaking, we spent a few days in OBX (a/k/a the Outer Banks of North Carolina).

We stayed here

with these fabulous people.

We swam in the painfully cold water (some at midnight),

played on the beach,

collected shells (obsessively... for hours...),
and flew kites.


We formed a girl band

and the guys golfed (as good future dentists should, right? rrrright).

We even topped the trip off with a stop at Rita's. Oh baby.

And as we drove home, we declared ourselves beach people. You can find us in 50 years pacing along the shoreline for hours, Doug with a bucket picking up shells and me with a metal detector looking for items to pawn. I even promise to start liking seafood and wearing sunscreen like I'm supposed to. It's going to be great.

8 comments:

the meyersons said...

SWEET!! Looks like a good ole time, Shirley.

I can't wait to see you with leather skin.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Oh man that looks AWESOME! I agree...we are beach people too! Bring on the leather skin and metal detector! I told Danno about your weekend and now I need to show him these pics! Spring Break maybe?

Jake Spurlock said...

I love Rita's... Need to make a trip back to the east coast just for the gelato.

The Miles Family said...

Oh what fun we had!! It wasn't quite the same after you guys left. We will definitely keep this tradition alive. I am missing rock band!

The Buckwalter Four said...

Okay, so I haven't been blog surfin' in FOREVER ... So great to catch up on you guys! Looks like you had a great time!

The Richardsons said...

So this is me, green with envy, reading your fun adventures and thinking, "why don't Troy and I go on fun weekends like that...? Oh yeah. We've got kids." Sigh. We spend our fun weekends cleaning spills out of the carpet (see our blog for more info). I am also particularly jealous that you are stealing our favorite Gibbons neighbors in a few months. You guys have all the luck! :)

Liz Smith said...

looks like a blast!!! glad you guys had fun! we've been wanting to plan a trip to the outer banks since we've heard nothing but good things about it. i may be asking you for travel tips if and when we decide to do it. :)

Angela R. Munnerlyn said...

Looks like you had some fun, wahoo!