Tuesday, March 24

t-minus 4 days

So I guess we're still running this 10k on Saturday. Well, jogging it to be exact.

A 10k is 6.2 miles, and the farthest we've run is 4.5 miles twice. And definitely not at Olympic speeds. Last night when we finished, however, I have to admit I felt pretty darn good. In fact I think it was the first time I didn't want to poke my eyes out on a longer run. So maybe I don't hate running, uh, jogging as much as I used to. But I'll have a better handle on that after this weekend.

Oh, and the forecast for Saturday? Rain.

AWESOME.

11 comments:

KaSs MiLeS said...

oh man. that's incredible! good luck to you guys! have people take pictures for you.
ps, my word verification is amnizing. that's what you are. :0)

whitney said...

you guys are going to rock! and if you keep running consistently, you'll get to the point where you don't want to poke your eyes out after 6.2 miles. :)

Lindy said...

If you are worried about the rain I think you should hire someone to run behind you and hold an umbrella over your head. Try the Goose--she has a lot of energy.

Also, good luck! And have fun. And when you're finished have a great big glass of cookie dough, just like Will Ferrel.

Lindy said...

Just FYI--the word I had to type in to submit my comment was "mopho". That's funny. You mofo! I mean mopho.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Shazam and good luck to you!

Suzanne said...

Jackie, I have a bike if you want to borrow it...

emily and logan said...

i always want to poke my eyes out after any kind of exercise. weird.

Megan said...

Rain will just be an added element of fun. Good luck!

Liz Smith said...

youre my hero!! someday i'll be a runner....haha...someday.....

good luck on saturday! :D

Stacey said...

good luck! rain . . . come on, doug is from the pacific nw. buck up lil camper.

AnnaYoung said...

Rain!? THat's awesome! Every time I see people running/exercising in the elements I think to myself "Right on man! You're a champ! Eye of the tiger!" as I drive by.

Eye of the tiger Jackie! (Doug too : )

Good luck! It might help if you wear a gray sweatshirt with the hood up while you're running in the rain. I'm just sayin'