Friday, May 1

finals week

All studying, all the time.

Doug is a studying machine these days (which is not his favorite... trust me). He's getting through finals, and he's still trying to stay on top of his board review. As you can see, he's strategically placed his board flash cards around the house. I can't help but read them myself, so I assume I'll be ready to take the boards too in just a few months. Perfect.

Doug also met with his first patient yesterday! He was thrilled. He and another student were assigned to a patient who needed "stuff scraped off his teeth" (at least that's how my brain translated it when Doug told me the story). Because there was no teacher standing over him telling him what to do, Doug felt like the real deal. He loved it.

5 comments:

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

I just threw up in my mouth a little!

Liz Smith said...

haha....that's awesome. glad there are people out there willing to scrape the stuff off of peoples' teeth on a full time basis. :D best of luck to your hubby on his finals! im sure he'll do great.

Kadi said...

Studying...sick...I'm so sorry. I hate studying and I hate it when Joel has to study. Hopefully it will be over soon, right? And Doug is going to do awesome because he's awesome. He's the smartest. That is hilarious though Jackie...I bet you're right, you'll totally be able to take this test too. Good luck you two!

Kadi said...

Oh and so cool to have seen a patient...I would have loved to be there in the corner just watching Doug beaming...professionally of course...

John and Karisa said...

So is it just one week left? GO GET 'EM DOUG! By the way, no offense to the boys, but aren't you secretly glad that you aren't in school still? I mean, it's nice to learn stuff, but I will never miss the frantic cramming for tests. Oh well, it's for a good cause. I'm sure Doug will ace everything. Good luck!