Saturday, December 20

27

I often rate the quality of my age based on the quality of the number itself. For example, 24 is a great number because it's divisible by a ton of other numbers. I mean, just think of your times tables! 4x6, 3x8, 12x2, and so on. And what did I do the year I was 24?
- graduated from college
- started my first grown-up job
- got engaged
- got married

Now that's a good year.

I've been 27 since Thursday. At first I wasn't that excited about it, but I'm really starting to have good feelings. Sure it's got 3x9, but I think the real kicker is 3 cubed. You have to admit that's pretty awesome.

So stay tuned for a great 27, folks. It's going to be a good one.

6 comments:

The Barnos said...

Happy Birthday you big math nerd! (my word verification is nalse. is that true or nalse?)

KaSs MiLeS said...

Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Meagan said...

Happy Birthday. 27 isn't so bad. I will be 28 in 3 months and that is scary because that means I'm getting closer to 30. I am not looking forward to that.

Chelsey said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Lindy said...

Happy birthday! I am totally thrilled that you are back into the odd years--you know how I feel about the odd years. Always the best. It's nice that there is an actual "middle-child" number. I love that even numbers are divisible by 2, but when you can't figure out what number to blame for the middle you have a huge problem on your hands in my opinion.

I hope your birfday was a great one!

Traci M said...

Happy birthday! I get a little weird with numbers, too. Here's some trivia that I'm sure no one but me cares about: 27 is actually the square root of my birthday. My birthday is 729 (July 29th), so 27 is a good number to me!