Tuesday, March 30

10k time


Last Saturday, it was 10k time again. I opted out this year because of the baby-factor, so Doug started with the Miles and ran it without me.

We love this race because it feels like all of Richmond comes out. There are bands, costumes, and thousands and thousands of runners. Part of the race is raising money for cancer research, and we were glad Doug could represent for my dad.


At first I was relieved I wasn't running it (SUCKERS), but by the end I wished I was with them! Way to be, runners.

7 comments:

Joyce said...

Wow - thanks Doug! That "Jim" picture made me get a little teary.

the meyersons said...

That's awesome Dougals. Want to run around the neighborhood with me with signs on our backs?

Mine will say, "Jim's a hottie."

You don't have to use that one though.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Pretty darn sweet that is...pretty darn sweet!

CYD said...

that's awesome! i totally spaced-i meant to ask how it went! the sign turned out really cool! thanks douglestein!
(my word verification is bacon. weird)

Lindy said...

Great job! The Goose just asked me if you guys live in Capinginia, and I basically told her yes. So good job Dougie and good job Richmond, Capinginia!

Furniss Family said...

How fun, wish I could have ran it too :) Next year for us when the babies are older. Looks like it was a fun day.

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Way to go Douglas!! I have t minus 10 weeks until my 10K. Break out the runnin' shoes.