Tuesday, December 31

so long, farewell

Dearest Readers,

I'm done.



I've been blogging here for over 7 years now. DougandJackie.blogspot.com has been a long, strange trip. It shows the evolution of our family, and it captures the good, the bad, and the ugly. I love it.

But blogs like ours aren't en vogue anymore and I've been running out of steam for a while now. I never really know who's reading, and we also want to keep our girls and our identities safer. I've decided that I'm simply done.

In a week or so I'll go private (which kills off most blogs anyway, right?), and I'll keep posting pictures for our families to see. I welcome friendly stalkers too, so if you're interested in an invite let me know.

Thanks for reading!

Adios,

Jackie

10 comments:

Emily said...

I love reading your blog and seeing the things you guys are up to! But I totally understand the desire for safety and privacy.

My own blog hasn't been updated in months and I'm not sure I feel up to renewing it, so I understand the sentiments.

Stacey said...

Get an instagram most of the family has one! -HANNAH

Liz Smith said...

i agree, you need to get on Instagram!!!!! But yeah, i feel like blogging is essentially dead; good for you for going private. I'm so glad i did even though i never post. I may delete it altogether but for now, i'm still around and will check in from time to time so i would love an invite. lizsmith3013@gmail.com

get on insta! :)

kgailan said...

Man, yours was one of the last ones that survived. Ah well. All good things come to an end. We'd love an invite if you are going private: kelli.gailan1@gmail.com. We only keep ours around for scrapbooking purposes:)

Lindy said...

I'm super impressed with how long you lasted! I got overwhelmed with mine years ago. Even though I rarely venture into the blogosphere, send me an invite! LOVE AND MISS YOU!

Tiffany said...

I've been thinking about going private as well. Would love an invite as I tend to pop over once and awhile for an update! :) tiffaner at gmail dot com

Megan said...

I already commented on Facebook, but I realized I left out an important part: I'd love an invite if you do go private. Megan.hambly@gmail.com

Jen and Tyson said...

hey! i totally read and i still want to follow you!!! can i have invite??

jenniferkcrowther@yahoo.com

heather said...

So I am one of those quiet ones who pop over every once in a while to catch up. I love hearing what your family is up to, so I would love an invite!!

heatherachristensen[at] gmail.com

Karisa and John said...

I want an invite! Is that okay? You have my email address already.