Sunday, June 7

doug meets his first firefly

There are important events in every man's life, and this was surely one of them.

Fireflies are rarely found west of Kansas, so this event was a long time coming.

8 comments:

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Ohhhhhh! Did you rip their butts off and make flashing earings for him?

They really amazing aren't they? I loved watching my kids try and catch them Dan saw his first one at Cyd and Jen's double reception. He was stunned. I kinda think he thought I was making them up!

Katie M said...

Us western states kids REALLY missed out on these. I love them! People here call them lightning bugs...I much prefer firefly.

the meyersons said...

I have to say I'm a "lightnin bug" person myself.

Congrats Doug-certainly this makes you more of a man. When you start using them for jewelry is when manhood sets in.

Liz Smith said...

we didnt have them in CA either so i had never seen a firefly till i moved here...i love em! of course when i just stare and think how cute they are jared likes to remind me how fun it was to hit them with a baseball bat and watch their little lights fall to the ground.

Tiffany said...

love it. I still remember my first time!! P.S.-Jackie I think you should publish your blog. You crack me up and I'm always looking forward to the next post.

Emy W. said...

LOVE LIGHTNING BUGS!!!!

Suzanne said...

Congrats, Doug. May memories of this day bring you joy and fulfillment for years to come.

P.S. California is seriously lacking in the firefly department. SERIOUSLY. But it's not humid here (meaning we dry off completely after taking a shower) so maybe that's how God evened things out.

CYD said...

oh, what a tender moment!!