Monday, April 27

arlington


We were up in DC this weekend, so we decided to visit Arlington Cemetery.



Neither of us had been there before, and we were impressed. With war veterans walking beside you, memorials to so many great men and women, and over 600 acres of gravestones and monuments, it's hard to not be touched. I couldn't believe all the perfectly lined rows, and we both really liked the ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. I also don't think I go many places outside of church where I'm expected to be reverent and respectful, and I really liked that people were quiet and reserved. It really added to the experience.



I'm glad we went. Places like that just make a girl feel grateful. And weepy.

8 comments:

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Wow!

Hksedwick said...

yeah that is so true, not too many places require reverence anymore. As you walk away you just want to stay quiet.

The Barnos said...

Oh! i'm so jealous. I've always wanted to see arlington. i'm glad you got to go!

Liz Smith said...

i love DC and arlington. it's a great place. glad you got to go. :)

The Standrings said...

that was one of my favorite thigs to see in dc! so neat!

McKell&Janeene said...

What a great experience.

Lindy said...

I'm too immature to comment on serious posts. Especially right after reading Doughty's donut post.

The Miles Family said...

Amen to that. That place truly is incredible!