Thursday, April 23

real men paint in cut-off jeans


Doug rotates a few pairs of work jeans. Last summer whilst helping build his parents' deck, the holes in the knees of his favorite pair reached a point of no return. As a joke (I thought?), he tore them off and created some modestly HOT cut-off shorts.

I kinda forgot about said cut-offs until last Saturday when he went outside to change the oil in our car right in front of our apartment... and he was sporting the shorts. He thought he was pretty funny, especially when people kept coming by as his cut-off-wearing-legs were sticking out from under the car. Oh baby.

And when we decided to paint the walls of our family room this week, I wasn't surprised to see he felt it was another good time to bring out the shorts. Wow.

I just hope he's not surprised that I took a picture of him painting in them.

So stay tuned for more adventures with the cut-off jean shorts. You just never know where they'll turn up next.

When Cyd was here she motivated us to finally add some paint to the family room--we went for a gray (Wet Cement, to be exact), and it came out darker than we expected. But now that it's been up a few days, I think I really really like it!

11 comments:

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Nice! Dan had a "Provo Rocks Topless" t-shirt for years that would come out to play occasionally. We would fight everytime he would put it on! Sigh...it is has since been burned it the trash pile and living in ash heaven.

As for the paint color - NIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!

Wade and Alicia said...

Gray is SOO in right now for wall colors. Great choice!

KaSs MiLeS said...

believe you me, those are much better than jerome's shorts. he has like 6 pairs, but i swear they are made out of pure sheet rock putty now. i think the actual shorts are under there somewhere....

KaSs MiLeS said...

i also really like the paint color btw

the meyersons said...

That's hot.

E-Rob said...

Um, have you guys watched the tv show Arrested Development? Two words: Tobias Funke.

Jackie said...

Oh my gosh, Eric! Is Doug a never-nude and I never knew it?!

Liz Smith said...

that's awesome. p.s. i love the color you chose!! :)

Lindy said...

I think he looks more like a Hot Cop than a never nude. I never nude would wear daisy dukes, and these are modest.

I love the color!

emily and logan said...

i was just about to make a never-nude comment, but someone beat me to it....

Kellie said...

love the gray...and cutoffs!