Sunday, August 24

virginia beach



Why I liked Saturday:
1. Doug was formally introduced to the Atlantic Ocean, swimming in the waves for at least an hour straight. Maybe longer.
2. We experienced the ocean breeze. There's some sort of drug in it that makes me at peace. Like a percocet.
3. It wasn't too hot nor too cold. Thanks, weather.
4. I didn't see nearly as many women-in-bikinis-that-shouldn't-be-wearing-bikinis as I thought I would.
5. We checked out the battleship U.S.S. Wisconsin in Norfolk, VA and realized we should never antagonize the US Navy because they could easily destroy us. It was way cool.
6. I got to remember why I wanted to move to VA so badly. This place is hitting the spot for me. Phew.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

When I was teeny tiny, I used to have a tshirt that said "Where's the beach? VIRGINIA BEACH!" I think my aunt gave it to me or something. I didn't (and still don't) quite understand it.

Anyway, I'm glad you and Doug had a lovely day at the Atlantic

KaSs said...

That's so awesome!!! i've always wanted to live by the beach, or at least stay a week somewhere by a beach. I have not yet been blessed with that experience. Lucky girl, live it up!!

The Mortensen's said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh the beach! Makes me smile!