Thursday, October 1

running, running, and more running

Doug’s brother, Ben, has been trying to convince Doug to run a marathon with him for a while now. Doug’s always been able to laugh it off, because it’s no secret… Doug HATES running. I consider the fact that he did last spring's 10k an absolute miracle.

But a few months ago, Ben brought it up again. And apparently he caught Doug in a weak moment…

because Doug said yes.

?!

I know! He’s been running like a maniac every week since. He’s been super committed to his training schedule (I’m quite impressed), and he’s already up to running 16 miles. It’s insane.

So come November, Ben and Whitney are headed to the Confederacy to run the Richmond Marathon. And Doug, bless his heart, will be joining them for all 26.2 miles.

Crazy, crazy, crazy...

9 comments:

The Johnson 5 said...

That is crazy...yet impressive. And conrats on the win, by the way.

Megan said...

That was me (Megan) from a different computer--sorry!

the Allers said...

You're going to run it with him right? Its only fair....

- light hair doughty

Michal Thompson said...

running is insanely addictive. Connor is like Doug, it takes a lot to get him running! But way to go Doug!!!

Liz Smith said...

that's so awesome! go doug! i wish i could do that, i am a HORRIBLE runner. best of luck to him!!! :D

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Don't worry...we will lazy him up on the cruise! Think of the food we could stuff him silly with! Shazam!

Katie C. said...

Wow! How did he do it? I hate running... not sure how I could get myself THAT into shape.

Lindy said...

If you don't run the marathon with him I'll have to believe you aren't a committed parent. Think about it.

Monica McCoy said...

Do dental students EVER study because I mean seriously, you don't run 16 miles with just a few spare moments left in the day. Did he drop out? Is his new plan to get sponsored by Nike and pay for everything that way? How do you do it Doug?
Justin, again.
PS, the word I have to type so that my post will show up is "fisag" and I thought it was funny. Just FYI.