Wednesday, October 21

white coat ceremony

While Doug's friends and classmates were celebrating their White Coat Ceremony this way or that way, Doug took a different approach.


The improvised ceremony:



We're sorry he missed the chance to be there with his class, but we're glad we could still celebrate his dentalness and all of his hard work.

Plus, who doesn't love a sand tooth?

12 comments:

Tyson said...

Haha nice tooth nerd

Monica McCoy said...

that is hysterical!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

How awesome! I didn't know he did that...I must have been snorkeling or sipping a tropical drink or something.

Very cool!

Richard Sedwick said...

I'm impressed with the tooth, doug.

The Standrings said...

congrats dr. shafer! jackie- your little baby bump is so cute!

Katie said...

Classic. Your family is awesome. Your ceremony may have been more fun.

McKell&Janeene said...

Yippee for Dentist Doug!

Michal Thompson said...

An no one at school has a cape like that!

Kadi said...

Doug you are awesome...only you would make a tooth out of sand and make it look that good. You kill me. Thanks Jackie to your family for giving Doug an awesome cermony! You guys rock!

Brittany Nichole Miles said...

Ok seriously how awesome is your family!? Looks way more fun...especially since he got that cool tooth cape. I'm sure the rest of the guys are jealous!

Katie C. said...

Lol! You guys are hilarious. Congrats, Doug! You make a great sand tooth!

melissa said...

Wow, that is AMAZING. And I'm sure Doug would be excited to know that Jake is still in the market for 2 new front teeth. If only Dr. Doug were here to make them... I miss you guys! Are you SURE you don't want to come to Utah to have a baby shower? I would totally make those strawberry cupcakes you love... (Why does there have to be almost an entire continent between UT and VA? Not fair. Not fair at all.)