Thursday, January 8

i don't want to talk about it

In an attempt to be super organized and less cranky in the morning, Doug and I made our lunches for Wednesday the night before. However, when I opened the fridge Wednesday morning after Doug had already left for school, I saw his sad little lunch still sitting there. Last night we even joked about him already having a lunch all set for today. Yet when I opened the fridge this morning, what did I see? His lunch from Tuesday night, still patiently waiting to be remembered.

I emailed him about it, and his only response was this: "I don't want to talk about it."

Me neither.

I guess there's always tomorrow...

5 comments:

Lindy said...

Perhaps Dougie is concerned that his sandwich is a peanut butter and hemlock sandwich. Never a good combo.

The Richardsons said...

maybe his haircut affected his appetite...? And thanks for thinking of us at christmas, it's nice to know that our goofiness can stand the test of time and space :)

The Mortensens said...

Poor lunch! He only has one job and that was to feed Doug and Doug let him down. I wouldn't eat it now...the lunch just might get back at him. Eeesh!

John and Karisa said...

Doug and John should start a club.

Kadi said...

That makes me so sad! It breaks my heart when I see Joel's lunches(dinners) left in the fridge. It makes me sad for Jackie as well...seeing as how when Doug hasn't eaten he is...hmmm...a little cranky...don't tell him I said that. I love Doug. Good luck next week with the lunches...