Wednesday, January 14

i hearby entrust my hair to a complete stranger

I think everyone understands the difficulty of picking a new hair stylist. I'd rank it up there with finding a new pair of jeans, choosing a new OB/Gyn, and selecting a new deodorant (seriously, help me find a new deodorant—my Dove brand is fired). In Utah I went to a guy that gave fabulous haircuts but was kind of a jerk. I was willing to tolerate the jerkiness for two years simply because I didn’t want to find another stylist.

Since moving to Virginia I’ve only had one haircut (yes mom, I’m overdue), and that was up in New Jersey. So it is with great anxiety I go to get my hair cut tonight by a girl named Tiffany. I don't know anyone that's gone to her specifically, but her salon comes highly recommended.

I’ve got my fingers crossed. All I want is someone that’s not going to mess up my hair, that’s not too much of a jerk, and that’s more dependable than Dove deodorant. Wish me luck.

7 comments:

Mom said...

Oh, not TIFFANY! While searching here for a new stylist, TIFFANY slaughtered my hair, and I'm still recovering. That was last June. I wish you luck.

KaSs MiLeS said...

yikes! i hate trusting my hair to anyone, even someone who has cut my hair for years! its so scary. it can be life altering! best of luck to you! i hope you found a winner.
i like to use secret ultra clear btw. it keeps me dry.

Joy and Ted said...

Can't wait to see the new do!

Emy said...

Good luck, Jackie!!! Although you've looked fabulous for as long as I've known you, so I'm pretty sure you can pull off any haircut!

madeline said...

you just explained why i won't be getting my hair cut my whole mission! let us know how it goes!

Meagan said...

You put it perfectly about how hard it is to find a person you trust with your hair. Good luck. Sorry to hear that Dove is not keeping you dry. I love Secret.

Stacey said...

Cute doo and Degree for Women. I switch every six months with my Dove. It works.