Thursday, January 22

my dream basement

I had another glimpse of my dream basement last night. And I don’t mean some fantasy basement I hope to own one day. It’s some unfinished basement that's becoming a popular setting for my dreams! It’s a weird mix between my family’s basements in Georgia and Pennsylvania, with a few key features from my parent’s current house in Alabama.

Last night I dreamt I was in my parent’s backyard watching co-workers from Provo Craft hopping on mushrooms à la Mario Kart (we’ve been playing a lot since Christmas, okay??). And then I ran from the backyard into the dream basement with my arm linked to the arm of this old man from church who I have yet to see smile, and there we visited with my dad who was in his work clothes measuring stuff.

What the heck??

10 comments:

The Barnos said...

I recommend less sugar at bedtime.

KaSs MiLeS said...

that first comment made me laugh. :0) i had a bizarre dream last night as well, i was hunting for an unexpired jar of peanut butter to give to my sister-in-law, so she could make pumpkin pie....?? i blame it on pizza hut pizza from a few hours before bedtime.
i usually have dreams in certain places too...

Lindy said...

Huh. Let me know when ractastic makes an appearance. And maybe giant Martinellis.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Pregnant? I always have the freakiest dreams when I am pregnant.

Jackie said...

I'm definitely not pregnant. I guess my subconscious just likes hanging out in basements...

Megan said...

I laughed out loud the first time I read this. Then I read it a second time...and laughed out loud again. That's impressive. Thanks for the giggle.

the meyersons said...

I'm guessing it's all the alcohol you consume.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Do you eat cheese before bed?

The Richardsons said...

I'm tending to think that YOU were the one hopped up on mushrooms. Troy's advice is "Lay of the shrooms."

AnnaYoung said...

HAHAHAHAHahaha I love all the comments offering advice and judgement : ) I wonder what would happen if everyone could remeber their dreams? Yours would seem fairly mild I'm sure.

However, I love the fullness of your dreams! Never a dull moment it seems. DO you ever wake up tired? : )